Monday, April 11, 2005

Various

Somehow I've gouged my thumb, although I don't know how; it's minor, but since I have so much typing to do at the moment, I think I'll cut out any unnecessary typing (including blogging) until Thursday morning or so, just to be on the safe side.

* My discussion with Chris on personhood (so far it's been probably the best blog discussion I've had in my short blogging career) continues at "Mixing Memory".

* Caleb discusses Democratization and Christianity at "Cliopatria".

* Layman discusses a chapter from C. S. Lewis's God in the Dock at "CADRE Comments".

* Théâtre d'Amour at "Giornale Nuovo" looks at early modern love-emblems.

* And don't forget: this weekend Siris hosts the POETRY CARNIVAL:

The purpose of the Poetry Carnival is:

(1) to help to make visible to the general blogosphere the work of poets in our midst.
(2) to foster an increased appreciation for poetry.
(3) to expose blogging poets to each other’s work.

Send all entries for the second Poetry Carnival to branem2[at]branemrys.org (with a @ for the [at], of course), with the following information:

Title of Blog:
URI of Blog:
Title of Poem (or just the first line or a number):
Permalink URI of the Poem:
Number of Lines:
Key Line or lines (1-4) to excerpt:

So if you have posted any poems of your own devising since the last Poetry Carnival (January 24), send them my way. Even if you aren't the poetry-writing type, if you've posted on poets and/or poems that you feel should be more widely appreciated, send those to me, also. Since this is National Poetry Month, I know you all have lots.