Monday, May 02, 2005

The Hard Question

Browsing around I came upon this response to an article in Philo. What really caught my attention was the title of the article to which the response is being made:

"Why the Resurrection is Initially Improbable"

Now, I'm sure there's more to the article than this, but I found this title hilarious. Tough issue, that; it will take some effort to find out why anyone would think someone's being raised from the dead initially unlikely. And here I've been thinking about trying to whip a paper into shape on the problem of how to interpret the doctrine of the efficacy of ideas in Malebranche; really, all I need to do is write a paper on something like,

"Why We Do Not Expect People to Be Able to Walk on Water"

When I write it, it will be earth-shattering, and change the way we do philosophy forever.