Monday, September 12, 2005

Links and Notes

* It took me forever to figure out which link it was, but I found myself geting hits from the theological anthropology page of The Threshold, a Calvinist website that has a lot of great resources. They were linking to a post on John Calvin's discussions of the Image of God in his biblical commentaries. I'm glad that someone found the post useful.

* Looting and Proverbs 6:30 at "Ralph the Sacred River"

* Anselm's Ontological Argument at "Fides Quaerens Intellectum"

* An interesting discussion of ad hominem fallacies at "Philosophy, etc."

* The other day I looked at a book in the public library called Descartes for Beginners (a.k.a. Introducing Descartes, by Robinson and Garratt). I'll be teaching Descartes fairly soon, so my idea was that I'd see if the book had any useful ways to simplify any Cartesian issues, or any clever take on some general issue. Ugh! I wish I hadn't, since the book almost made me sick to my stomach. It will still be useful, though, since I don't know of any other work that says so many stupid and wrong-headed things about Descartes in such a short space.