* A brief piece on one of the two currently working versions of Babbage's Difference Engine No. 2. Ralph Luker points to a YouTube demonstration of it.
* Adriano Celentano shows us what American pop music used to sound like to Italians. It's very catchy, in a crazy-making way.
* James Franklin, Aristotelian Realism (PDF)
* David Oderberg, On an Alleged Fallacy in Aristotle (PDF)
* Rebecca Stark on Sure Things Only Because.
* Very sad:
Karim Mansour, the store and dog owner, received a warning: Remove the dog or the Florida Department of Agriculture would declare all of Mansour's food products — mostly bottled sodas, Slim Jims and candy bars — unfit for consumption.
Mansour, who adopted 6-year-old Cody three years ago, had no choice but to sign the warning. His primary violation: "Prohibited animals present in a food establishment. Dog seen in retail area."
The store doesn't serve hot food such as hot dogs or even fresh cold deli-type items. The only food it carries are packaged products such as chips, crackers and candy.
But food, apparently, is food.
Even dogs are being laid off these days.