* Roger Scruton talks Newman and the University.
* Miriam Burstein notes that Scruton's discussion leaves a few things out.
* And D. G. Myers raises the natural next question.
* James Martin notes that October 9, the day chosen for Newman's feast day, is significant. As the Suburban Banshee points out, though, there are straightforward practical reasons as well.
* Beatification of course means that Newman is given a limited liturgical role; the next step is canonization, which requires the addition of another sign. This investigation is already underway.