* Anne Barbeau Gardiner reviews Susan Srigley's Flannery O'Connor's Sacramental Art.
* Eric Schwitzgebel considers a puzzle about materialistic accounts of consciousness in Is the United States Conscious?
* Kirsten Walsh on the aims of Newton's natural philosophy.
* Humphrey at "Quodlibeta" looks more closely at Pinker's claims about the An Lushan revolt.
* Beth looks at the links between Benedict XVI's environmental theology and his rejection of many themes in feminist theology. This is very noticeable if you read many of his speeches and writings on ecological issues, and it's good to see someone looking at it more closely.
* Miriam Burstein reviews Himmelfarb's The People of the Book
* A discussion of various theological themes in The Lord of the Rings.
* Gabriel Garcia Marquez's short story A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings.