Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chesterton for March XVIII

The unconscious democracy of America is a very fine thing. It is a true and deep and instinctive assumption of the equality of citizens, which even voting and elections have not destroyed.

Source: What I Saw in America


  1. Aristotle's Revenge7:34 PM

    Hello Brandon.  I am a blogger who followed a link back from Edward Feser's website.  I'd like to talk to you about an idea that I had for a Thomism message board.  I am interested in Thomism and spend a lot of time on the William Lane Craig message board.  There are very few people there who know about Thomism (they follow Craig-style evangelical apologetics), and now and then I have a question about Thomism that I don't know who to ask.  I came up with the idea to perhaps start a message board about Thomism, and invite a few Thomists to help me run it (since I'm just interested, I'm not a philosopher or even close to it).  I have created message boards before and wouldn't mind creating it if I could get some other people to help moderate, generate discussions, etc.

    It could be moderated and polite/reasonable (rather than the heated-type exchanges at Feser's blog), and would serve a great purpose for Thomism, which I believe is a rising star in American apologetics (not sure about the rest of the world).  Please let me know if you're interested.  You can email me at

  2. Aristotle's Revenge9:09 AM

    If you're interested, I just created the forum here.

  3. branemrys6:51 PM

    Thanks! I'll look at it.


Please understand that this weblog runs on a third-party comment system, not on Blogger's comment system. If you have come by way of a mobile device and can see this message, you may have landed on the Blogger comment page, or the third party commenting system has not yet completely loaded; your comments will only be shown on this page and not on the page most people will see, and it is much more likely that your comment will be missed.