Sunday, September 30, 2012

Poem a Day

Autumn Rain

I was not listening to you at breakfast.
The rain had washed my thoughts away.
I had failed the night before to make fast
attention for the coming day.
The tea was hot, the bagel good,
the scent of autumn rain was strong;
but, forgive me for the wrong,
I did not listen as I should.
The words I heard, and understood,
but meanings spaced between the words
were lost; I gazed out on the woods
and memory leaves the rest in blurs.
The tea was hot, the bagel fine,
the scent of autumn rain was strong;
I did not listen and now I long
to go back and hear between the lines.

3 comments:

  1. MrsDarwin9:21 PM

    Congratulations on completing your month of poetry! I looked forward to reading them each day.

    Do you have any further projects in the wings? I hear werewolves are a hot topic these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. branemrys9:38 PM

     :) So people tell me. There probably will be something lycanthropic going on by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MrsDarwin9:44 PM

    IT'S ABOUT TIME.

    ReplyDelete

No anonymity (but consistent pseudonyms allowed). Abusive comments, especially directed toward other commenters, will be deleted; abusive commenters will be hunted down and shot. By posting a comment you agree to these terms and conditions.

Please understand that this weblog runs on a third-party comment system, not on Blogger's comment system. If you have come by way of a mobile device and can see this message, you may have landed on the Blogger comment page; your comments will only be shown on this page and not on the page most people will see, and it is much more likely that your comment will be missed (although I do occasionally check to make sure that no comments are being overlooked).