Thursday, January 31, 2013

Boy Scouts and Civil Religion

I have a post arguing that the Boy Scouts of America are unlikely to drop their basic theism at any point in the near future at the "First Thoughts" blog.


  1. MrsDarwin5:08 PM

    Very nice.

    Will First Thoughts be a regular gig?

  2. branemrys6:00 PM

    I'm only a guest blogger; the invitation is currently indefinite, though, so it's an option as long as they don't throw me out or change their policy on guestblogging. However, their stylesheet drives me crazy; I find it difficult to conform to it, just because the choices are (with a few exceptions) almost diametrically opposite to my own habits. So I'm pretty sure it will be more occasional than regular.

  3. MrsDarwin9:24 PM

    That would be maddening.

    We look forward to seeing you bring some class to the FT joint, but don't go too mainstream, or you'll forget the little people. :)


Please understand that this weblog runs on a third-party comment system, not on Blogger's comment system. If you have come by way of a mobile device and can see this message, you may have landed on the Blogger comment page, or the third party commenting system has not yet completely loaded; your comments will only be shown on this page and not on the page most people will see, and it is much more likely that your comment will be missed.