Sunday, July 28, 2013


My desktop was apparently fried in a thunderstorm Friday night. I still have internet and my laptop, but my laptop's not really handy for writing any kind of extensive post, so things will be light for a few days. I should have the finishing post of the fortnightly book, Mark Twain's Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc, by the Sieur Louis de Conte, at some point in the next day or two, though.


  1. Syphax7:11 PM

    Huh, for some reason I figured your blog was the result of your brain directly interfacing with the Internet. If I attempted your level of output at my blog, my fingers would fall off!

  2. Arsen Darnay8:29 PM

    Commiserations. Nothing more challenging than "technical days," never mind several....

  3. MrsDarwin9:22 AM

    That sounds incredibly frustrating. Did you lose any work? And is this fixable, or are you going to have to venture into the Domain and subject yourself to the judgment of the Apple sales clerks? :)

  4. branemrys1:47 PM

    Pretty much anything that really matters is on flash drive or my laptop; I suppose I might be in danger of losing some iTunes music. I didn't have a chance to get it to a PC repair place this weekend, and I'm still waiting to see whether it's salvageable. I probably should buy a new tower, anyway, since this one is about six years old; I just may doing it earlier than I expected.

    I definitely will not be doing the Apple Store, though! Not a Mac person; I only even have an iPod because it was a gift. :)

  5. branemrys1:49 PM

    It really does throw a wrench in the gears. Nothing truly serious, but it does put things out of whack.

  6. branemrys1:50 PM

    Oh, it would be much more unruly (and much more sarcastic) if it were linked directly to my brain. My fingers are still well-attached, but there are times -- not always, but sometimes -- when it does eat a lot of time.


Please understand that this weblog runs on a third-party comment system, not on Blogger's comment system. If you have come by way of a mobile device and can see this message, you may have landed on the Blogger comment page, or the third party commenting system has not yet completely loaded; your comments will only be shown on this page and not on the page most people will see, and it is much more likely that your comment will be missed.