Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Very Proud of Her

This past weekend (from Friday to Monday) I was out of town, attending my sister's graduation ceremony in Chicago (she attended De Paul). It was great fun. The journey down went without a hitch. Saturday we didn't have much to do, so we went and saw the latest Harry Potter movie just for fun. It's quite good. I've never found the books themselves particularly interesting; but they transfer exceptionally well to the screen. The ceremony was on Sunday and, except for a commencement address that was too long and gloomy for the occasion, that was excellent. We then went out with (Great) Uncle Don and (Great) Aunt Jody to eat at Rosewood's (excellent food). Monday turned out to be something of a trial for patience. Originally, my flight was supposed to be at 10:35, with a transfer at Detroit. This flight was delayed an hour, then cancelled. I then had to get another flight, this one for 12:15 through Minneapolis. It was delayed forty minutes. I managed to make my transfer without too much trouble; but on that flight we sat in the runway for an hour before we took off. Then, when we came into Toronto, we waited half an hour for the pilot to get the all-clear to come into the gate (Lightning Warning). Originally, I should have been in Toronto at 3:00 or so; as it was, I didn't come in until 7:30.

It wasn't really so bad; my flight out from Chicago I was put in first class, and we missed a bit of nasty weather in Toronto. Moral of the story: Events that happen to us may be good for the same reasons they seem to be bad.