Monday, January 31, 2005

At the Rehearsal Dinner

This is a photo from the rehearsal dinner I attended Friday; the bride-to-be is on the left, and I am on the right in yellow, in what we later jokingly called the 'Masterpiece Theatre' pose (or: How To Use An Overstuffed Chair as a Fashion Accessory). The ugly shoes are my rain-and-snow shoes; I wore nicer ones at the wedding (and a blue shirt with a blazer). This is the first real photo of me on this weblog; it isn't a particularly great one of me, but gives the general gist.



It was great fun, all of it, although it is astounding how swiftly such an important event flies by. Surreal; particularly for me, since one day I was in Toronto, and then I was in Portland, and now I'm back in Toronto, wondering where the time went (and wishing Toronto was having weather more like Portland's!). The bride was my best friend in college, and I was roommates with the groom my second year; I knew them both (the bride better than the groom) before they started dating, and so have been a witness to much of the relationship from the beginning. The bride's twin sister, another good friend, is getting married in October; I'll probably attend that one, too, if I have the money (and the invitation, of course!). It is weird having all my friends married off; they're all crazy. But shh! you didn't hear that from me.