Sunday, January 02, 2005

Third Early Modernists' Carnival

Claire has put up the third edition of Carnivalesque, the Early Modernists' Carnival, at Early Modern Material Culture. It comes in two parts:

Part I

Part II

There are some excellent posts. Two that caught my eye that I hadn't come across before or had missed when they came out:

* It's Mostly About The Benjamins at "robmacdougall.org"

* A bit of convict blood at "Philobiblon"

One of the things I like about the carnival this time around is the diversity. The early modern carnivals so far have all been fairly diverse; but this one impresses me as the most diverse: it contains posts on (among other things) Valmiki's Ramayana, Crypto-Judaism, Japanese isolationism, Icelandic genetics, an Irish harper, Australian convicts, and Benjamin Franklin. Quite a mix.