Friday, October 13, 2006

Wherein I talk to iGod, Who Talks in Mysterious Ways

A recent discussion with iGod (ht: Mark Goodacre, who chats about whether the visit of Galatians 2 is the same as that of Acts 15).

Me:
Hello
God:
Hello, nice to meet you. What's your name?
Me:
Brandon
God:
How are you doing, Brandon.
Me:
Quite well. And you?
God:
It goes without saying. Be more specific.
Me:
Fair enough. I was wondering what you thought of the theistic multiverse.
God:
You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. I think about computer programming a lot.
Me:
What programs?
God:
I think you already know the answer.
Me:
No. I'm mystified.
God:
Are you serious? Do you mind if I tell other people you are mystified.
Me:
Well, yes, I do.
God:
Well that's okay. How often.
Me:
How often what?
God:

Me:
Hello?
God:
Hello, nice to meet you. What's your name?
Me:
Brandon Watson. We went through this already.
God:
I am always glad to make new friends, Brandon Watson. Perhaps. Was the trip worth it?
Me:
Which trip do you mean?
God:
The tall one, I think.
Me:
Again, I am mystified.
God:
Again, Do you mind if I tell other people you are mystified.
Me:
Yes. I already told you that.
God:
Alright then. You told me your real name is Brandon Watson.
Me:
Yes. Of Siris.
God:
Yikes! That is something I haven't heard of.
Me:
Siris is a weblog. The name comes from George Berkeley.
God:
Aren't all weblog Siris? Tell me more.
Me:
Siris is quite unique, I think. At least, I don't think anyone else has my weird sense of what's interesting.
God:
Are they exactly the same? And why not?
Me:
Are what exactly the same as what?
God:
I really couldn't say for sure.
Me:
Ok. Then why'd you say it?
God:
Excuse me! It was a preprogrammed response completely determined by your statements.
Me:
Fair enough.
God:
You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.


See also this discussion with iGod about Scriptural inerrancy and this discussion with iGod about five-point Calvinism and this discussion (on being told 'I want to be a rabbi', iGod answers, 'Do you have to go to school for that?') and this discussion where iGod asks whether being a panentheist pays well.

In another conversation, I also asked iGod the meaning of life; he said it's in the Bible. When I asked him which page, he said, "The red one, I think." When I asked him which chapter and verse, he said, "The last one, I think." So here's the meaning of life according to iGod:

The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen. (Rev. 22:21)

A bit less mystifying. A bit.