Wednesday, November 14, 2007

For St. Albert's Day

Tomorrow (Thursday) is the Feast of St. Albert the Great, patron saint of scientists, and so I thought I'd do what I've done before and put up interesting science-related links.

An online biography of Albert.

John Farrell has a post on whether the Church is indifferent to science. Scott Carson comments.

Cognitive Daily has a post on wine and the taste of food.

Chris has some visual illusion videos.

Volume 4 number 8 of Grand Rounds, the medical blog carnival, is up at Doctor Anonymous.

Works by and about William Whewell at Internet Archive

Pierre Duhem's History of Physics article

Bora has his science news picks from Science Daily.

You might also consider doing something to support PLoS; and, in any case, PLoS journals make great reading. (I particularly recommend PLoS Biology, which always has something interesting.)

If you know of any others, let me know.