Thursday, January 15, 2015

Music on My Mind

Mes Aïeux, "Dégénérations". The history of Quebec in a nutshell. And of many other places.


  1. Itinérante1:44 AM

    Oh thank you Brandon for reminding me of this song!!
    The part "tu t'en sauves en avortant" makes me very sad!
    But on the bright side, I was really waiting for the world "miracly" it makes me giggle. I really love the Québécois accent!

  2. MrsDarwin8:07 AM

    This was fine. I'm going to have to listen to this a few more times this morning, and answer the attendant questions: "Mom, why did she put dirt in her bag? Why did the boy bury a picture of his grandfather?"

    It was fun to watch the subtitles at the bottom and wait for the French rhyme. I've forgotten much of my vocabulary from disuse, so it was often a surprise. How could I not remember that land is terre? And yet it was a surprise, but still so obvious.

  3. branemrys10:37 AM

    I like the Quebecois accent, as well; it's a vigorous accent that takes French in a different direction than most dialects.

  4. branemrys10:39 AM

    Interestingly, I liked the subtitles for a very similar reason, which is why I was glad to find a video of the song that had them.


Please understand that this weblog runs on a third-party comment system, not on Blogger's comment system. If you have come by way of a mobile device and can see this message, you may have landed on the Blogger comment page, or the third party commenting system has not yet completely loaded; your comments will only be shown on this page and not on the page most people will see, and it is much more likely that your comment will be missed.