Thursday, August 12, 2004

On the Future of Houyhnhnm Land

Since I won't be teaching early modern next term, I probably won't be using "Houyhnhnm Land" for a class. However, inspired in part by Sharon Howard's Early Modern Resources and its companion blog, Early Modern Notes, I will probably continue posting semi-regularly in order to gather together and evaluate various sorts of resources on early modern philosophy. Most of this will be on-line, although I'll probably occasionally discuss books and articles of note. One of the reasons for doing this is that the internet is something of a mess when it comes to accurate information for philosophy - there are excellent resources, but it would be helpful if people had a means of sorting it all out.

I will probably also occasionally post neater & simpler summaries and conclusions of work in early modern philosophy I've roughed out in Siris.

(Cross-posted to Houyhnhnm Land.)