Monday, October 18, 2004

New Faith and Philosophy Issue

The new issue of Faith and Philosophy (the journal of the Society of Christian Philosophers) arrived in the mail today. It looks like a good selection of articles this time around. There's an article on virtue epistemology by Robert C Roberts and W. Jay Wood, as well as a continuation of the Wierenga-Craig debate on omniscience and time.

There's also an article, "Kant Chastened but Vindicated: Rejoinder to Forgie," by the blogosphere's very own Maverick Philosopher, William F. Vallicella. I've only briefly looked it over, and I'll have to go back and read the earlier contributions to the exchange, but it definitely seems interesting. As a matter of very vague first impression, it strikes me that what Vallicella is arguing is not so much Kantian as Scotist; but I'll have to look more closely at the details to see whether this first impression goes anywhere. Expect a report back at some point. I'll probably also be saying something about the Wierenga-Craig exchange, too, since it's a subject that interests me and with which I have a fair amount of acquaintance. I don't know at this point whether I'll agree with Wierenga, but I almost always disagree with Craig's take on this issue; so we'll see if that pattern holds up.