Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Seven Sevens, Sort of

Tagged by Matthew Mullins; this was a wickedly hard meme to do:

Seven things to do before I die
See Mount Kilimanjaro in person.
Write a few books.
Find someone worth marrying.
Read all of Aquinas's works in the original Latin.
Take a real vacation.
Brush up on my Spanish.
Learn to play an instrument.

Seven things I cannot do
Draw.
Play the piano.
Leap over the moon.
Keep a tune.
Stay worried for more than fifteen minutes.
Keep to my notes while lecturing.
Stay around large groups of people for long without getting tired.

Seven things that attract me to my best friend
Absolutely no pompousness, pretentiousness or pedantry (those things are what I'm there for). I count that as three.
Sense of humor.
Basic sense of decency.
Intelligence.
The ability to put up with large doses of me.

Seven things I say most often
Really.
Actually.
Essentially.
Basically.
Surely.
I confess.
I suppose.

Seven books (or series) I love
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.
The Foundation series (Isaac Asimov).
The Epistle to the Hebrews.
The Chronicles of Narnia.
A Canticle for Leibowitz.
The Man Who Was Thursday.
Romola.


Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
The Princess Bride.
Breakfast Club.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Goonies.
Grosse Pointe Blank.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
Serenity.

Seven people I want to join in, too
As usual, I'll forgo this option. I suppose that means I'm stuck with six sevens. Feel free to join in if you want to.