Thursday, January 04, 2007

Seventh Day of the Month

Various bloggers are doing things to mark the turning of the year; a number of them are following Richard's example of making a web of beliefs post; I'd do the same, except my blogging is so eclectic and unsystematic that I don't think it's feasible. Likewise, since this weblog is basically an online notebook, it doesn't make much sense to me to do a 'My Best Posts of 2006' post. Instead, I offer a mere sample: everything I blogged on the seventh day of every month of 2006. It does give some sense of this weblog for 2006.

January: On Hiatus

February: The Jyllandsposten Controversy
Malebranche Against Spontaneous Generation

March: Plain Michael Faraday
I Am Indeed a Tricky One

April: no post for the seventh

May: no post for the seventh

June: Whewell on Natural Classification
Typology and Natural Classification

July: Original Sin
Musing on Witherspoon
Fogelin's A Defense of Hume on Miracles
Cottingley Fairies

August: Feast and Afterfeast

September: False, False, False
The Plans of Burnaby

October: Sommers-Englebretsen Term Logic Part VIII

November: Knowing Different Things at Different Times
Thoughts on Voting
Malebranche Quote for the Day
Philosophers' Carnival XXXVIII

December: The Mysterious Rest of Us