Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Eight Meme

I've been tagged by The Little Professor.

The Rules:

  • I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
  • Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
  • At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  • Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


The Eight:

1. For most of my early school years what I wanted to be when I grew up was a chemist.
2. My favorite public broadcasting show is Keeping Up Appearances.
3. When I took the exams for AP English my senior of high school, one of the themes for the essay part of the test was "epiphany." So I wrote about epiphany in Jane Eyre.
4. I did not have a driver's license until very late. Last year, in fact. (Never needed one before then.)
5. I have difficulty finishing papers and other writing works because I am never satisfied with them; I always think they could, and should, be better. So I always have to force myself to stop revising them.
6. Between first and twelfth grade I lived in the following states: Louisiana, New Mexico, Texas, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, and New Mexico again.
7. My last year of undergraduate I lived in the party wing of the party dorm. Since I had the single room on the floor and I spent most of my time at the library or visiting friends at the much nicer all-girls' dorm across campus, most of the kids in the wing who weren't seniors only knew me as That Guy.
8. The first book I ever clearly remember reading was Tales of Mr. Pengachoosa, by Caroline Rush. A convalescent girl discovers that her pet hamster can talk; he tells her stories of his uncle, Mr. Pengachoosa. I have very vivid recollections of the last story, about Mr. Pengachoosa giving the four seasons a ride on his bicycle. The book deserves to be much more widely known.

I'll play the outlaw and ignore rules four and five. But, by all means, if you're reading this and want to join in, count yourself tagged.