* The Rambo IV trailer. It's a rather curious approach to the franchise.
* Jimmy Akin comments on the recent motu proprio restoring the Latin mass as a standard use.
* Sean Aqui notes Madison's solution to abuses of the pardoning power: impeachment.
* Whether naps are necessary for salvation.
* Daniel Mahoney reviews Vaclav Havel's To the Castle and Back.
* The New Criterion is having a roundtable discussion on the meaning of suffering.
* Michael Gerson argues that Second Life embodies a form of nihilism at Jewish World Review.
* Daniel Larison defends Hegel from the charge of being proto-totalitarian: I, II, III. ADDED LATER: IV.
* Johnny-Dee discusses Johnny Cash and eudaimonia at "Right Reason".
* Patrick Poole lists some of the many conflicts between Christians and Muslims in the world.
* Miriam suggests Matthew Arnold's Culture and Anarchy as a text for a critical thinking course. You can find a copy of it online and judge for yourself.