Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ethics Course Recommendations?

I will be teaching an ethics course (standard survey-level) this summer, so I thought I'd fish around for any suggestions for teaching it, if anyone has come across anything that they thought worked well (or that they think might work well). The main texts are already chosen -- Pojman's Moral Philosophy and Appiah's Cosmopolitanism, partly chosen because they're relatively inexpensive and easy to find. I'll likely be doing at least a brief section on business ethics (conflict of interest, ethical risk), and am toying with the idea of a section on feminist ethics of care. Since I've complained before (and here) about how practical considerations get shortchanged in typical ethics courses, I want to focus on ethical practices; anything anyone can suggest (supplementary texts, possible projects and assignments, etc.) to this end would be especially welcome.