Thursday, June 03, 2010

Corpus Christi

Bread is broken on the table;
Cup now overflows with wine;
by this word the Word our Savior
is the substance of the sign.

Adam's flesh from fleshly Adam
freed from sinful flesh once more:
we are made, by blood and body,
flesh and blood with Christ our Lord.

Speak, my tongue, of His scourged body,
blessed and broken for our race.
This so priceless blood now flowing
pays our price and grants us grace.

Sing, my voice, the song of angels
wondering at God-filled tomb,
which, with side-sprung water flowing,
compassed us to be our womb.

Love, my heart, the changeless ancient
who descends from God above,
made a babe and passion's patient;
He is God, for God is Love.

Trust, my soul, in Truth most holy:
Truth is true and does not lie.
Free from lie, from lies He freed us;
see the sign Truth truly died!

Hope, my spirit in your Savior,
who is life, in dying lives,
who is given by the Father
as this bread that true life gives.

Shout, my sisters; shout, my brothers!
From the housetops make it known.
Tell the tale on every mountain;
own this well: you are His own!