I have been in Montana the last week, visiting family, doing some whitewater rafting on the Gallatin River, as well as some light hiking on the edge of the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness up to Sioux Charley Lake and back. Substantive posting will likely be light over the next week as well, though, due to preparation for the Fall term. Some interesting links I've come across recently:
* Philosophers on the Decriminalization of Prostitution -- setting aside Demetriou's embarrassing bluster, there is a good deal of interesting thought here.
* Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt, The Coddling of the American Mind.
* Yohan John has an interesting post trying to think through the way the brain might work in terms of the metaphor of an economy.
* John Gray on Friedrich Hayek
* Syriac language resources
* Thony Christie looks at the history of sozein ta phainomena and how it relates to Duhem's positivist account of mathematical astronomy.