Apparently 2019 is the International Year of the Periodic Table, being the 150th anniversary of Mendeleev's first formal presentation of the principles of his classificatory feat. Some various items of interest with respect to the periodic table:
* Ben McFarland, Predicting the past with the periodic table, at the OUP Blog.
* A debate on the nature of the periodic table between Birger Hjørland and Eric Scerri, with a comment by John Dupré.
* Eric Scerri, Mendeleev's Periodic Table Is Finally Completed and What To Do about Group 3?, from 2012, after Mendeleev's original periodic layout was completely filled.
* Eric Scerri, How Should the Periodic System be Regarded? A brief look at some published proposals, which summarizes the basic lay of the land in philosophy of classification
* Make your own periodic table, using the icons in the left-hand upper corner.