Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Ancient Days of Yore

(Depending on how it displays, you may have to click the picture to get the full list.) I'm old enough to score a zero out of 20, although I'm young enough that the encyclopedia was not hardcopy. Some of these things, of course, are still around, just rarer than they used to be; I had to get my garage roof re-done earlier this year because my pipes burst Christmas Eve, and had to pay by paper check. The time before that that I had to actually use a paper check (rather than direct payment out of the checking account) was also a repair job a couple of years ago, and (looking at my checkbook) the few before that were a bunch of charitable donations and the like in 2015 and 2016. Given that twenty years ago I went through checks quite regularly, that's a big change.