Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Ho Echon ta Hepta Pneumata tou Theou

 And to the messenger of the church in Sardis, let it be written: Thus says the Possessor of the Seven Spirits of God and the Seven Stars.

I know your deeds, that in name you live and yet are a corpse. Be awake, and strengthen those who are left who are about to wither; for I have not found your works completed in the sight of My God. Remember therefore what you have received and heard, and guard it and repent. If therefore you will not be awake, I will come like a thief and you will not at all know the hour that I come upon you. But you have a few of name in Sardis who have not defiled their garments, and they will walk around with me in white, because they are worthy. 

To the victorious: Thus he will be clothed in white tunics. And I will not at all blot his name out of the book of life, and I will confess His name before My Father and before His messengers.

Who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

***

And to the messenger of the church in Philadelphia, let it be written: Thus says the Holy, the Truthful, the Possessor of the Key of David, the Opener Such that None Will Shut and the Closer Such that None Opens.

I know your deeds. See! I have put before you an opened door that none can shut, because you have little power and have guarded My word and have not denied My Name. See, I give out of the synagogue of Satan, those declaring themselves Ioudaians and are not but deceive; see, I will make them come and they will prostrate before your feet, and they shall know that I have been devoted to you. Because you have guarded the word of My endurance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing about to come on the whole world to test those residing on the earth. I am coming swiftly. Hold what you have so that none may take the crown from you.

To the victorious: I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall not at all go out anymore. And I will write upon him the Name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the fresh Jerusalem descending out of heaven from My God, and My fresh Name.

Who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

***

And to the messenger of the church in Laodikeia, let it be written: Thus says the Amen, the Trustworthy and Truthful Witness, the Source of God's Creation.

I know your works, that you are neither cold nor boiling. I wish you were cold or boiling. So because you are tepid, and neither boiling nor cold, I am about to vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, I am wealthy and I have become wealthy and I have need of nothing -- and you do not know that you are wretched and pitiable and impoverished and blind and naked. I recommend you purchase gold from me that has been refined by fire, so that you may be wealthy, and white tunics so that you may be clothed and might not reveal the shame of your nakedness, and poultice to anoint your eyes so that you may see. As many as I love, I reprove and I train, so be zealous and repent. See, I stand at the door and knock. If any should hear My voice and open the door, then I will enter into him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

To the victorious: I will give him to sit with Me on My throne, as I also was victorious and sat down with My Father on His throne. 

Who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. 

[Revelation 3:1-22, my very rough translation. ]