The new PLoS Biology is out; as usual, great stuff. I haven't looked in detail at much of it, but at first overview, these seemed particularly notable:
* Spotting Signs of Natural Selection and the paper of which it is a synopsis
* Natural Biodiversity Breaks Plant Yield Barriers and Diversifying Selection in Plant Breeding
* Nature's Nanotechnologists, on diatoms
* Why Are So Many Bird Flowers Red? which is the Unsolved Mystery feature
* Hearing: Travelling Wave or Resonance?
* Breaking Down the Stereotypes of Science
PLoS Medicine comes out next week.