1. When did you first read a Chesterton book, story, or poem, and which was it?
The first Chesterton work I remember reading was the Autobiography, at some point in college. I then went on to read Manalive, The Ball and the Cross, and The Flying Inn.
2. What was the most recent of GKC's writings you read?
I re-read them occasionally as I find the opportunity, so it's hard to say. Probably St. Francis of Assisi.
3. Which is your favorite book, poem - or quote?
Book: The Man Who Was Thursday
Poem: The Ballad of the White Horse
"And this is the word of Mary,
The word of the world's desire
'No more of comfort shall ye get,
Save that the sky grows darker yet
And the sea rises higher.' "
4. Which would you recommend to a beginner?
The Father Brown mysteries, without a doubt; and St. Thomas Aquinas.
5. What is the most unusual fact or quirky detail you know about G.K.Chesterton?
Chesterton, George Bernard Shaw, and James Barrie once made a cowboy movie together (directed by Barrie).