* Visual Midrash: Jewish and Jewish-influenced painting, mosaic, and sculpture throughout the ages. There was a time not long ago when people regularly claimed that the Jewish religion had no art, especially two thousand years ago; but archeological finds have increasingly discovered that synagogues were sometimes elaborately decorated. Perhaps the most famous such find was the Dura-Europos synagogue.
* Frank Weathers discusses George Santayana's almost-Catholicism.
* Caroline Farrow on the difficulties of being a Catholic woman online.
* An interesting post on translation at "NewAPPS".
* Juan Gomez discusses eighteenth-century Scottish philosopher George Turnbull.
* Roentgen semiotics.
* Ben Lockerd discusses the influence of Christopher Dawson on T. S. Eliot.
* Margarita Mooney on Women's Dignity in the Workplace
* John Farrell reviews Eamon Duffy's Ten Popes Who Shook the World.
* Cosma Shalizi mocks bad economic reasoning.